Today, we live in a connected world where workers are able to work for the brands they love from any corner of the globe. That’s why the contingent workforce, which is made up of contractors, freelancers and consultants, now makes up a staggering 30 percent of the entire US Workforce.
The great thing is that this isn’t restricted to any particular industry. Writers can work from home, business executives can work on the road, marketers can offer advice from a different country - almost any industry can benefit from remote workers.
That’s why some innovative outsourced call centers are now making the most of this flexible, agile and educated workforce to leverage the power of stay-at-home agents and complement the expertise of their existing in-house workforce.
Before we get into how these stay-at-home agents can benefit your outsourced customer service strategy, let’s first take a look and what they are.
What are stay-at-home call center agents?
Stay-at-home agents are a flexible and on-demand database of customer service representatives who work from home, anywhere across the globe.
Working under the same values and principles of the outsourced contact center they partner with, stay-at-home agents only work with your company if they are passionate about your brand and the products/services you provide.
How can at-home agents benefit your company?
Stay-at-home agents offer a wide range of benefits and can significantly enhance your customer service strategy and customer experience (CX) when used to complement an existing team of in-house call center agents.
We’ve created a quick list of just some of the key benefits your company could realize from leveraging at-home agents.
- The ability to scale rapidly: Stay-at-home agents are willing to work for your company at a moment’s notice, meaning its the perfect workforce to have available if you need to rapidly scale up your customer service team during peak or seasonal periods.
- They are passionate about your company: Stay-at-home agents can choose which brand they work for, and the ones that choose to work for you will be highly passionate brand advocates for your company - they may even already be customers so know exactly what your clients want from an interaction.
- Agents with extensive work experience: The average stay-at-home customer service agent has around 15 years of work experience, compared with an in-house agent who has around five. Combining the two complements their skills perfectly.
- Access agents anywhere in the world: The at-home agent workforce is made up of workers from all across the world, giving you the opportunity to move away from workers in your immediate locale. This could help you access new skill sets and even marketing opportunities.
- Optimum performance levels: By scheduling the work of stay-at-home agents in specific 30-minute shorter sprints, at-home agents are able to stay focused and 100 percent committed to their task.
- Round-the-clock customer care: Many stay-at-home agents choose to work night shifts, meaning your organization can seamlessly implement 24/7 customer care with agents who are highly passionate about your brand.
How can Advantage Communications help?
With a network of more than 150,000 agents and over 23 languages spoken, Advantage Comminication’s at-home agent solution - The Home Advantage - will help your business leverage a virtual network of customer service representatives working from home as well as a suite of world-class cloud-based technologies to drive your customer service strategy into the future.
Through our innovative crowdsourcing platform, your company will be able to scheduled at-home agents that specifically choose to work with your company in specific 30-minute increments.
Want more information about at-home agents and how they can benefit your outsourced call center strategy? Contact the Advantage Communications team of experts today, we would be more than happy to answer any questions you have.