Investing in customer service is more important now than it ever was before. Providing current and potential clients with a good customer experience will have a ripple effect that brings additional revenue into your business.
Excellent customer service is now the foundation of any business, it’s how company reputations are made and it’s how loyal customers are built. With a huge increase in the competitive nature of modern business, particularly due to the prevalence of the internet, customers now expect fast, easy and well-designed customer service.
Happier customers will help build brand loyalty, and good customer service will encourage the return of existing customers as well as promote your brand to new customers. Good customer service really is make or break for a business, and it’s important to understand why.
Here are 15 customer service statistics that emphasize why progressive companies are putting customer service at the core of their strategic planning.
Digital technology has dramatically changed word-of-mouth marketing:
- News of bad service reaches twice as many ears as praise for a good experience (White House Office of Consumer Affairs).
- 88 per cent of customers are influenced by online reviews when making buying decisions (Zendesk).
- 58 per cent of consumers are more likely to tell others about their customer service experiences than they were 5 years ago (Zendesk).
- 79 per cent of consumers who shared complaints about poor customer experience online had their complaints ignored (RightNow Technologies).
- 48 per cent of people who had negative experiences told 10 or more people about it (Harvard Business Review).
Bad customer service can have a significant impact on your company:
- businesses are losing $62 billion per year due to poor customer service (Forbes).
- 89 per cent of consumers began purchasing from a competitor following a poor experience (RightNow Technologies).
- It takes 12 positive experiences to make up for one bad one (“Understanding Customers” by Ruby Newell-Legner).
- Consumers tell twice as many people about poor experiences than positive ones. (White House Office of Consumer Affairs).
- 78 per cent of consumers have abandoned a transaction because of poor service. (American Express).
Good customer service, however, has huge benefits:
- On average, loyal customers are worth as much as 10 times the amount of their first purchase (White House Office of Consumer Affairs).
- 58 per cent of consumers are willing to spend more on companies that provide excellent customer service (American Express).
- A 10 per cent increase in customer satisfaction score results in a 12 per cent increase in trust from customers (Institute of Customer Service).
- 24 per cent of customers continue to seek out vendors for two or more years after a good experience (Zendesk).
- 73 per cent of consumers say friendly customer service reps can make them fall in love with a brand (RightNow Technologies).
In need of help? Outsource customer service to a contact center
Whether you’re a growing business, a small business or an already well-established business, setting up and managing a successful customer service department is no easy task.
Outsourcing your customer service to a contact centre will give your business access to expert representatives, as well as innovative technologies in self-service automation, such as artificial intelligence (AI), that will transform your customer experience.
Employing an outsourced contact center to provide your customer service operations will give your business substantial and long term benefits, including; access to skilled expertise; significant cost savings; access to innovative and cutting-edge technology; increased efficiencies; and higher revenues.
Customers are the driving factor in the success of your business. By outsourcing your customer service to a contact center, not only will you save money, but world-class customer service will help you to build a loyal customer following and beat your competitors to new business.
Contact Advantage Communications today to find out how we can improve your customer service strategy, and help boost your bottom line.